Friday 30 November 2012

The face of a woman can change the world.


The face of a woman can change the world.

If you’ve ever studied history, you’ll find all sorts of stories of great men and great women. Many a battle was fought over the love of a lady. And thanks to the two terminal universe that we live in, as a man, I feel it only fitting that I should pay hommage to the role of women in the world, and let the ladies honour us gentlemen as they see fit.
dancer seated facing camera
"I live to dance!"
Here’s a render I made as a concept form, so that I wouldn’t forget an idea that I had had. I have a great number of creative concepts come to me and sometimes they come and they’re gone before I get a chance to capture the essence of the thought. That’s why I created this particlaur image.
I spent some while with a girl who loved to dance and who could really express herself while dancing with no choreographed routine, just put on the music and she would dance, just bam, full of energy and exhilaration! I imagined this pose with the preciseness of the body and the intensity of the regard. I hope it conveys at least a little of what I felt.
These are not finished works but just ‘holding sketches’, so that when I have fully conceived of what I’m trying to say with the image I can complete the story with the final image.
girl in green barefoot in the woods
Young Mother Nature
In this render I wanted to capture the lighting and shadow in a particular way, while working with the  colour palette of naturals. I wanted space, quiet, serenity, warmth, light and beauty. You will tell me if I have suceeded…

girls face with red grid projection
"scanning...."
This again is a concept render where I wanted to capture the beauty being scanned for an unknown reason, leaving the intrigue to the observer. I loved the eyes and the hair so she stayed as she was…
I haven’t quite figured out what is being communicated here, but maybe that’s how it should be. She might even be the sister of Nature?

Everyone needs inspiration.

We can find inspiration in all manner of places, and sometimes not where we were looking for it.

"Dangerous curves"
This render in Daz studio I made for a friend of mine who loves hot cars and babes. Like Fast and Furious this image has a messgae. It’s simple joke , but quite effective even so! It certainly brought a smile to his face when I showed him!
woman reclining red bikini
Woman reclining in red bikini
This more mature woman was a render made testing skin shaders and lighting effects. I wanted particularly to create the forms with soft shadows and graded lighting. I have some depth of field in play and also the specular metallic effect in the material. I used a black and white lace image as a opacity element in the backdrop to create the lace curtain. It is dynamic cloth which gives a fairly realisting effect of material draped in this scene.
I think I got a pretty good result without any burn-out or ugly dark shadows. These are all straight renders by the way with out any post-work on them except “Dangerous Curves”. I find that if I attempt to create the scene exactly with a one shot render, I am happier with the result, but that will likely change as I learn more about layer mixing in photoshop.
Well these are some of my feminin inspirations that will likely become completed works sooner or later. Art with a message. I hope you enjoyed the tour and took some inspiration yourself.
Jeremusic

No comments: